Rose's Colored Glasses

Monday, May 29, 2006

Sunburn and the four-O-seven seven

The flight was uneventful even though it was carries first; I would say that she took to it well as she wanted a window seat on the way home. We made it to Florida and met up with friends of our from CoH/CoV. Getting to meet everyone was great even though I was kind of like a third wheel. Christy and Carrie know them much better than me.. I've always kind of been on the out skirts of the group. It was for the best though as in our third day we went to the beach and I got terribly sunburnt. It was worth it though I had never been to the beach and we snuck into a private portion of Siesta Key beach (from what I'm told one of the best beaches in the world) It was great to be at the sea and not be nervous about just wearing shorts... It was defiantly one of the most liberating things I've done and from what I could tell no one even knew I was trans. There were no weird looks, no comments, nothing; not even when the obvious white supremacist came and sat up next to us (we knew because he had huge SS tattoos on his back and a few other tat's)

At first it seemed that I had managed to keep my burn to a minimum for the first time in my life... I figured with the sunblock and my huge sun hat I should be ok.... but alas it seems that any time I'm in the sun for longer that 30 minutes I'm destined to burn........ as the evening wore on the blisters started appearing on my shoulders and face. It was so bad that for about 3 days I couldn't put a shirt on so I was cooped up in Carrie and I's bedroom... Honestly it wasn't bad. I watched a lot of documentaries and it seems the hallmark channel play 5 episodes of M*A*S*H* in a row everyday. I grew up watching the show so it always cheers me up.

The last day we were there I managed to heal up enough to venture back out into public. So we went to The Ringling museum which was awesome.. the circus museum was interesting but the art museum and like 21 galleries and the Cada 'zan (John and Mable Ringlings house) were amazing. I've always had a fascination with 20's style life and architecture. So if any of you make it to Sarasota Don't miss it.

I'll post pics when I get 'em K? : )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home