Rose's Colored Glasses

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentines Day!

Today is a great day! Not only did I spend all day hanging out and shopping with carrie but yesterday was my name change hearing.... it all went well:) I woke up today legally 100% Amy... i was sure there would be trouble but everything went along smoothly. Then we went to the social security office...no prob, then the bank ....none their either... then we went to the courthouse in greenfield to get my birth certificate changed... and the old goat behind the counter asked if I was born in that county, if I had a court order and looked through all my paper work. Ater she looked through it she had me sit down and she took it to another room and asked some guy about it and then she informed me that the court order had to specifically state that teh birth certificate had to be changed or they wouldn't change it..... of course I said .."is that so" ..... and she said thats the law...... This might seem reasonable if I hadn't been reading up on these policies for 10 years and knowing that 1) indiana birth certificates are living documents and thus changeable and 2) I used the states official name change document... (meaning any one who changes their name in this state uses said document) ... : (

Well everything else yesterday was all roses and today won't be any different. Carrie and I are going to the Melting Pot www.indymeltingpot.com one of our fav places to eat!

I hope everyone has a great holiday : )

2 Comments:

  • At 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Damned government employees....Oh, wait...

    Whoever this was will get into trouble someday. You've heard me say on more than one occaision that we're not paid to care. Caring one way or the other, good or bad, will get us written up or fired. It's ALL just business...or else.

    I take it this was a county employee?

     
  • At 12:13 PM, Blogger rosebride said…

    yea was a county employee... its ok though. I got the court order amended so she can't stop me now! lol

     

Post a Comment

<< Home